Sunday 9 June 2013

By the end of this blog, I will be able to...

Reflection and sharing good practice are cornerstones of the teaching profession. Anything I can do to share my successes (and failures) for the benefit of other teachers will also benefit their pupils - who I care about, despite never having met them. As a teacher, I want to develop as many young minds as possible, and this blog is another way of extending my reach beyond the North-West London school I will be teaching in come September.

I will endeavour to keep this blog updated with all manner of things at least weekly, although one never can tell what might happen in the course of a week as a teacher: trips abroad? School plays? The madness of exam season? I shall attempt to take these in my stride, just as I have done during my training - and of course, I'll blog about them for your amusement. Any suggestions or comments on my thoughts are more than welcome.

As a soon-to-be NQT, I am well aware I will be learning at least as much as the pupils I teach on a daily basis. I therefore thought it fitting to begin my blog by outlining some learning objectives for myself, just as I would do for pupils (with one tweak: here - as in most good projects - the learning is in the doing, not in the end product). So - 

By reflecting through this blog, I will be able to:
  • assess the success of aspects of my teaching
  • apply new theories or technologies to my classroom by integrating them into my practice
  • link my learning to the Teachers' Standards
Thanks for being on the journey with me, and I look forward to sharing my practice with you.

Starter...

No comments:

Post a Comment